Thursday, September 20, 2018

Life and Circle of Karma

Life and ageing
Some people, with age
grow mellow, acquire
a distinct flavour,
like whisky.
Others, turn acidic and bitter,
like bad wine
turning into vinegar!

Circle of karma
Long ago, in a moment
of unreasoned fear, and helplessness
that gave rise to childish anger,
I had spewed out a sentence, an accusation
hurtful to the core and painful.
Only the other day
in defending a 'cause'
you spat out words,
a vicious indictment.
In fifty years, this completes the
circle of karma.
--
If I could forget the anniversary
of my mother's passing away;
I'm certain, you'd forget mine too
and that  would complete the
circle of karma 
--
A stranger had 
shown kindness, offered 
a few words of encouragement, 
quite unexpected, almost
en passant.
I try to offer the same,
small gestures, a small help
and hope  to complete a positive
circle of karma. 
--

No comments:

Post a Comment